- 3 YEARS
UGC APPROVED – OFFERED BY NSBM
Business Communication being an integral part of every discipline pertaining to the modern corporate sector and the subject being a vibrant field in the global context, BA in Business Communication is a definite value addition to both the professionals and amateurs in the corporate sector. It creates multiple career opportunities and this specialized undergraduate qualification offered locally will train the scholars to be competent communicators in diverse socio-political, cultural and economic situations. BA in Business Communication provides both the theoretical underpinning as well as functional acumen for scholars to be effective communicators in a wide array of sectors and careers to skilfully manage the diversity and fast pace of the contemporary business atmosphere. The degree reasonably blends knowledge of Business Management, Information Technology and Communication in order to groom the learners with understanding and skills in the above disciplines. The choice of subjects emphasizes the necessity to be familiar with the globalized, fast-changing, multi-cultural and multi- disciplined nature of the modern corporate sector. The objective of introducing this novel qualification is to enhance graduate employability in a variety of sectors related to Business Management and Communication through knowledge, skills and attitudinal development in students via exposure to international and local approaches to Communication in a corporate setting.
- BA in Business Communication is a 3 year degree and each year consists of 2 semesters. The subjects span across a period of three years ranging from the basics of Communication, Information Technology and Business Management to the more specialized and co
- The medium of instruction being English, there is a strong emphasis on the accuracy, fluency and clarity of expression orally and in writing, especially in the first year of the programme. However, the discussion of Communication as a discipline and its a
- The assessment of the programme will include a variety of methods like oral presentations, reports, essays, case studies, projects, creative assignments, carried out both individually and in groups. Evaluation through final exams will also be incorporate
- The delivery as well as the evaluation of modules will aim at improving the generic skills required of graduates such as technical, intellectual, team work, negotiation, leadership, creative, interpersonal and organizational skills to facilitate employmen
- The internship of the final year facilitates the much needed industry exposure to complement the subject and practical knowledge gained over the years. Students will experience the work in organizations in all its diversity, thus making their learning ex
- The final year project will provide evidence to students’ ability to apply the knowledge and skills gained in the initial stages in formulating innovative, intelligent and viable solutions and suggestions to the problems and gaps in the related fields of
- Opportunity to engage in careers in multiple fields related to Business Communication.
- The first year of the degree provides students with the knowledge of fundamentals of Communication, Business Management and ICT.
- Personal Development
- English for Professional Purposes (I)
- Introduction to Management
- English for Global Communication
- ICT for Communication
- Fundamentals of Communication Studies
- Professional Communication
- World of Business
- English for Professional Purposes (II)
- Marketing Communication
- The second year of the degree aims at providing students with advanced knowledge in the related subjects.
- Intercultural & Interpersonal Communication
- Visual Communication
- Business Ethics
- Organisational Behaviour and Communication
- Corporate Communication Management
- Law for Communication, Media and Advertising
- Communicating in Web-Based Applications
- International Business
- Research Methods for Communication Research
- Third year of the academic calendar includes six months of internship for which student placement and monitoring is done by NSBM. If students have a preference for an organization to do their internship, they are allowed to proceed with the choice, provided NSBM can approve the duties and responsibilities assigned to them by the organization to be compatible with the requirements of an internship stipulated by the degree programme. The interns must report to NSBM once a week during this period and their performance will be monitored by an academic supervisor appointed by NSBM. After successful completion of the internship, the students will undoubtedly be more comfortable and confident in facing job interviews and carrying out their job related responsibilities. The final year project of the 3rd year is an opportunity for students to apply the knowledge and experience gained so far into solving real life problems. A supervisor is allocated from NSBM for the project.
- Final year project
- 3 passes for G.C.E. Advanced Level Examinations any stream with Simple Pass for General English
Fees & Funding
For more information on financial support and facilities click here.
- Registration Fee : LKR 5,000
- Library Fee : LKR 5,000
- Year 1 : LKR 400,000
- Year 2 : LKR 400,000
- Year 3 : LKR 400,000