Duration – 3 Years
Course Type – Full Time
This programme produces creative media professionals proficient in computing technology. Students also gain a solid foundation in multimedia communications in business, art and design, entertainment and education. The creative and media sector has always been the root of the information society as it is the segment that is most accessible to the masses and is therefore a highly acclaimed career. This programme comprises of four major components of Creative Multimedia, 2D Animation and Imaging, 3D Modeling and Animation, Video and Motion Graphics and Interactive Web Design. Graduates use the latest computing and media technologies in the creation of various media, and since it is a multi-disciplinary course it provides the students with a comprehensive education in the principles and practices of multimedia design, production, management and evaluation. This programme is ideal for students with a strong technical background who are also interested in creative media. With a solid background in both technical and creative elements, graduates will be ideal candidates for future management positions.
- Would be benefited by obtaining a UGC approved Multimedia degree
- Learn in an academic environment with well-equipped lecture rooms, labs and studios
- Improves problem solving, creative thinking, project management and team working skills
- Improves both aesthetic and technical skills related to the medium
- Opens up many avenues in numerous fields by learning filming, graphic design, animation, web Design, interactive design and a lot more
- Learn both theoretical and practical knowledge to manage a range of media projects
- Gets guidance from qualified and experienced faculty members
- Gain industrial experience by doing an internship
- Engage with live projects from the industry to get more exposure to multimedia industry
- Would also be benefited by being part of the very few Multimedia graduates in the country
The first year gives the introduction to basic design principles and fundamentals of Computing. The student will also be improving their creative thinking and concept development skills through several individual and group assignments. At the beginning of the first year there will be modules to improve manual drawing skills and later on the digital communication through softwares will be introduced.
- Concept Development
- World of Multimedia
- Computing Fundamentals
- Design Principles 1
- Typography Design
- Story Telling and Script Writing
- Art, Design and society
- Animation Studies
- Digital Imaging
- Multimedia Imaging
The students will be able to expand their knowledge in design and enhance the software skills also. The second year modules will give the students more exposure to different subject areas of Multimedia arena such as Photography, Video production, Web Design, Advertising and interactive Design.
- 3D Design 1
- Game Design
- Video Editing and Production
- Interactive Design
- Advertising and Media Art
- Multimedia Project Management
- 3D Design 2
- Web Design
- Design Principles 2
- Visual Communication
In the final year, the students will have to do a dissertation and a final project. The final project and the dissertation can be selected according to the interest and skills of the student. The students will have to undergo an internship and work on live projects to apply the knowledge gained and also to enhance their professional skills.
- Multimedia Production
- Professional Studies
- Visual Effects Production
- Research Methodology
- Media Law and Ethics
- Final Project
- Students successfully completed the G. C. E. (Advanced Level) Examination in Physical Science, Biological Science, Arts, Technology or Commerce streams in a single sitting, obtaining 3 passes in the core subjects of the respective stream.
- Students who have completed the London Advanced Level Examination or Edexel Examinations in Physical Science, Biological Science, Arts, Technology or Commerce streams in a single sitting, obtaining 3 passes in the core subjects of the respective stream.