The 4 Year Management Diploma in Hotel and Catering Operations focuses on both hospitality and hotel management training with opportunity to gain considerable amount of industrial experience. This programme will help you find employment in the hotel industry locally as well as internationally. Qualifications are increasingly sought after in the hospitality and tourism industry and this diploma will put you on the fast-track to a career in junior management level job in the hospitality industry with a view of developing further through higher level educational programs.
Courses at SLITHM begin annually in January and July. There are a limited number of places available at SLITHM and interested students are advised to make their application as early as possible to ensure selection. SLITHM admissions office considers potential students full profile including academic records, students motivation, work experience (if any), extra-curricular activities and any letters of recommendation.
One has to successfully complete all four Certificate Level Modules with experience, together with the Intermediate and Advanced Level Modules of one’s choice of specialization, in order to receive the Management Diploma in Hotel and Catering Operations.
|Certificate Level Modules||Intermediate Level Modules||Advanced Level Modules|
|CL/1. Professional Cookery||IL/1. Professional Cookery||AL/1. Professional Cookery|
|CL/2. Restaurant & Bar Service||IL/2. Food & Beverage Operations||AL/2. Food & Beverage Operations|
|CL/3. Hotel Housekeeping||IL/3. Hotel Housekeeping||AL/3. Accommodation Operations|
|CL/4. Hotel Reception||IL/4. Hotel Reception|
- Complete above CL/1, CL/2, CL/3, CL/4 – 5 months each
- Complete industry experience
- Complete above IL/1 and AL/1 OR IL/2 and AL/2 OR IL/3 and AL/3 OR IL/4 and AL/3
TO ENTER at CERTIFICATE LEVEL
- If entering at Certificate Level
- Craft Level plus 01 year industrial experience qualifies you to gain entry to Certificate Level OR
- GCE (O/L) with 6 subjects in not more than 2 sittings including a ‘Pass’ in Mathematics and English plus 3 ‘Credit Passes’
- Direct applicants from Industry
- Direct applicants from the industry; in lieu of age and the entry qualifications, 2 years’ experience in the area he/she is applying for is necessary
TO ENTER at INTERMEDIATE LEVEL
- Certificate level courses in the related 2 disciplines (or 4 disciplines) one intends to specialize in, with relevant industrial training.
- More than 5 years’ experience in the industry at managerial / Supervisory level with G.C.E O/L qualifications.