The University of Derby recognizes many professional qualifications in order to provide exemptions en-route to the MBA.
- CANDIDATES WHO COMPLETE THE EDEXCEL BTEC LEVEL 7 EXTENDED DIPLOMA IN STRATEGIC MANAGEMENT & LEADERSHIP WILL BE AWARDED 120 CREDITS OUT OF 180 CREDITS NECESSARY TO FULFILL THE REQUIREMENTS OF THE MBA.
- Only the Research (Independent Study or Business Impact Study: 60 credits) is required to be fulfilled and the students will be extensively supported by on-line resources to accomplish their research work.
In addition to Edexcel BTEC Level 7, students who have completed the following professional qualification are also entitled for credit exemptions. Please contact the MBA Counsellor at HRMI for details of exemptions.
· Institute of Chartered Accountants of Sri Lanka (CA Sri Lanka)
· Chartered Institute of Management Accountants, UK (CIMA)
· Association of Chartered Certified Accountants, UK (ACCA)
· Sri Lanka Institute of Marketing (SLIM)
· Institute of Bankers of Sri Lanka (IBM)