ANC Education is a pioneer provider of the University Foundation Year (UFY) program in Sri Lanka. Students who have passed the GCE O/Levels, or with a qualification comparable to the GCE O/Level examination may be accepted to be enrolled to the UFY program. It provides an academic bridge between a student’s current qualifications and commencement of undergraduate studies at the preferred university overseas. The program is equivalent to the GCE A/Level examination and is 12 months in duration.
Some advantages of studying in the UFY program instead of in other similar programs available in Sri Lanka:
- The UFY program provides access to all universities in Australia and a significant number of universities in the UK, Malaysia, Canada, the USA, and Singapore.
- It takes only 1 year of study to complete.
- The mandatory English course included in the program, prepares students in all aspects of the language, providing the invaluable and compulsory communication skills required for university education.
- The UFY program incorporates university-style teaching methods where final grades are based on a continuous, comprehensive assessment process, not just one exam.
- It is student-centric university styled education, not teacher-centric secondary education.
After completing the UFY program, the student is in a position to access some of the top universities worldwide.